Friday, May 13, 2005

My Great Trip--- Days 4 and 5

DAY 4

Day 4 saw the trip become serious. Temperature falling really fast. I was at Delhi two days back where it was soaring at 40c and now here I am in manali where the temperature was near 6c. We went to a place call “snow point”. We had to rent an overall, which looks like a space suit minus the helmet in movies like Armageddon. With gloves and stuff, it was as if I was in full gear for a mission. With that thought we neared my destination.

It was finally there. A white colour substance, which is at a temperature of 0c and is very brittle in nature. I saw SNOW (tada….). The feeling was great. Climbed about 4 mountains, thanks to the NCC training and the KAITILAPUR camp. But the only difference is that I climbed rocks and here I am climbing snow. Wow!!! It really was great. After about 4 hours of snow and thanks to the weather which now became really worse (I climbed the mountains when it was pouring like hell!! Not an easy task.) We returned. I was frozen and I could not feel my palms. Putting my hand in a mug of hot water gave very little relief.

Later in the evening we went for shopping.


DAY 5

It started at the right time. I got up at 0900. Got dressed up and ready to go by 1000. Today we were going to a place call “SOLONG VALLEY” to do some serious adventure stuff. I was going to Para glide. But, when I am around it always turns out the other way. We reached the place just to realise that they had closed the Para gliding for the past 2 days due to some bullshit government rule. Later he said skiing is available. I did not think twice. I am going to the top.

The same rule applied here too. You need to rent a horse to go to the top. This time my mom was strictly against going on a horse. So, my sis and I set off. On the way there was some shooting going around. Didn’t bother about that. Went all the way up.

Got strapped to the skis. My first time was not bad. I balanced perfectly but had problem stopping so I had to fall down to stop it. It went along like that and finally I could stop well too. The guy was impressed and said I learnt it really fast. Was skiing for about 3 hrs. On our way back we stopped at the shooting spot, as my sis was really interested in it.

We stopped over. Suddenly, I thought I saw HRITHIK ROASHAN walk past me. I thought I was dreaming. Somebody shouted from the back…. “are vo tho Hrithik hai”. That is when it struck me I was not dreaming. I walked along with him to the set, which were about 500m away. Man, he has great arms. Too good. He also had a good hair do. I took out my cam but the security guy stopped me threatening me that he would snatch the cam. So kept it down. I walked back to same place I met him initially and took out my cam. Thanks to my advance cam (NIKON COOLPIX 4500) I got a shot of him. That was with full zoom. We were ready to go that is when my mouth had dropped again.

PRIYANKA CHOPRA looks sick on screen but right now, I was drooling. She was daam gorgeous. She was wearing a blue ghagra and hey….. She was daaaaaaaaaaam SEXY. Could not get a shot of her. But then seeing them itself is a great thing.

No comments: