Wednesday, March 15, 2006

DESIRE!!

Had written this for a poetry competition in my coll. called acumen! This was extremely hard because every line I composed had a minimum of two expletives. Had to pass my thoughts through a censor board to screen things out. It’s not all that wonderful to have a gutter mind!


Screaming into this world I came,
Out of captivity, freedom finally attained.
I know I have shot to fame,
Love and care, is all I desired.

Entered college as sharp as a knife,
Flirting is an art and I had excelled.
There she stood, the love of my life,
Let me have her, is all I desired.

Living life on the fast lane,
Work and party is all I lived.
Stop being a playboy I tried, but in vain,
Dame and money, is all I desired.

Husband I became, knew it was her,
Loved her more than what was required.
Shot up in life, jealous they were,
Power and Glory, is all I desired.

On my deathbed, I lay,
Lived life to the fullest, I hoped.
Start it all over again, if I may,
A painless death, is all I desired.

No comments: