Friday, March 03, 2006

Rang De Basanti!!

It’s an old topic; saw it long time back in Chennai. The movie has a lot of unforgettable moments tagged along to it. Saw it during saarang, was having lots of fun, got the some fundae about life later that day, wonderful company and many more stuffs. I was busy enjoying the company then and the real meaning of the movie did not strike me till now. Can’t blame them.


The movie got released in MDU yesterday and had gone for the night show the only show for us. The movie was not just about a bunch of guys shooting the defence minister to avenge the death of their friend. There are a lot more lines to be read between the lines.

India is going nowhere. That’s hard to accept but then since when has truth become easier to accept?

Apne ghar ke safai mein khud ka hath kyon ganda karein.

It’s just not that. There is another dialogue in the movie that supports my stand.

Yahan ki system ko badalne ki kosish karo, yeh system tumhe khud badal dega.

This is very true. No matter where and what you are doing, this is true. I tried it out in my college and swore I would never think of it again. Given a thought and I am sure I can find millions of such examples.

College ke ander zindagi ko hum nachate hain aur college ke bhar zindagi hamein.

This made me realise the company I was sitting with. 11 of my close friends sitting beside me enjoying ourselves not worrying about what George Bush is going to say tomorrow or what the recently announce budget has in store for us. For all that matters, we don’t even care that we might get caught by the warden for coming 5 hrs after the curfew time! Not worry about which gal is thinking what about us. It’s like cutting yourself from the world and having some hardcore fun!

Yahan zinda rahene ki ladai mein logon ki zindagiyan chalee jati hain.

What is the use of life when you can’t feel the rush and kick of having one. The movie proves something which is very important in my life.

There are no right or wrongs in life. There is only what you believe in!

Sometimes, what is right for me is wrong for others. Just because of this I don’t give up on my stand. There are no rights and wrongs. I do what I believe in. There can’t be any other thing that is more correct than that. Hitler killed all those people because he believed in something. He never saw what was right or wrong. I have seen a lot of people arguing about his decisions. But, has anyone been in that situation to actually feel what it is like to make such decisions? NOPE!! And then everyone starts criticising his ideas. I respect him for the simple reason that he had the balls to do what he believed in. I do what I believe in. If you have a problem with that you can go to Pluto and search for water!!

Ek pair past mein aur dusra pair future main. Iseliye hum present per muth rahein hain.

Is this an indianised dialogue? Neither can we forget or leave the past nor can we abandon the future. Stuck in this web we do nothing in the present. Yep, we are pissing on are present so that we become pissed off when our future arrives.

Dur se commentary dena asan hai. Agar uthna hi hai to tum bhi politics join karo, IPS ya army mein bhartiho jao, badlo is desh ko…

What is the point in joining all these when the selection process itself involves a lot of corruption? Is it that, to fight corruption, we have to promote corruption, become corrupted, reach a high level and then start changing the nation? Power, itself corrupts a person as learned for the lord of the rings.

The movie has invoked a lot of questions inside me which have no answers other than; you don’t have the fucking time for all this. This is partially true but still the small amount patriotism inside is screaming and demanding for explanation and answers. Answers to the questions that should not be asked!!

Ab bhi jiska khoon na khola, Khoon nehi woh pani hai,

Jho desh ke kaam na aye woh bekar javani hai.

No comments: