Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Theoretically doing practicals

Had yet another bad day. Not that I care about 'cause I got used to it. This time it was in the lab.
My prof never understood the logic behind my readings. He was shouting about practicality and was saying my reading were theoretically wrong. Well, theoretically you are allowed 10% error margin but then.... this happens to be my college lab with lots of components used over and over again. So... you just can’t expect 10% error to be possible. I was explaining him about the tolerances and he blew his cork. I end up missing my lunch *sniff* and had to sit thought the afternoon in my classroom with 3 hours of boring instrumentation.

I was all the time thinking. Lots of people don’t consider the practical error margins. People back here lack the practical touch. Everyone perfect theoretically but totally screwed up practically.
Things look fine on paper but not in life. What would happen without the practical knowledge? That gets me back from where I started.... screwed up education system!! More concentration on mugging things than promoting creativity.

Happens in my college too. Doing a project is great. All my friends here keep talking about the projects they are doing. But, how many of them are doing "innovative" projects.... ZILCH!!
Where has all the creative and innovative inspiration gone? Are we stuck just modifying the existing technology?

Reminds me of my history class.... Krishna Mukharjee maam teaching about renaissence way back in Europe in 15th century.

WE NEED ONE RIGHT NOW. Now is when I hope... history repeats itself.

No comments: