Friday, February 04, 2005

Of attendances and records!

Life can be so strange sometimes. Here I am sitting in my class with a lag of attendance and my lecturer marks me absent although I am sitting( which is very unusual!) in my class. It all started with the first hour today. I was informed that my attendance had lagged. The minimum attendance to maintain is 80%(god knows who makes these cut offs) which I think is over the head. I still don't get the point behind the attendance. If I am interested in the class I would obviously attend the lecture and vice versa. Its my choice. I thought being an adult I get to make my own choices. But, it turns out that I am referred as a kid no matter which place I go. Why can't colleges be more like the ones in the western countries where the matter taught is given more preference rather than the number of students attending. If students are not attending a particular lecture its a feedback saying that the lecturer sucks!!!! And its high time he started changing the approach. Well back to my case... Prof. SSV had entered the class and did his trademark job... Clean his chair( even if the chair had been sterilized, distilled, purified, refined 100% and kept in an dust proof room he would clean it with his dirty hanky) and started reading out the roll numbers in a monotonous tone. The guy is deaf and couldn't hear my voice (which is actually pretty loud..Thanks to the NCC training). And he marks me absent. He then starts calling out the names of ppl who have an attendance lag. My name is first on the list with 65%. What the hell I thought.... It turns out that I was absent for just 2 classes. The funnier part is that He had taken on 7 classes the entire month. (And he tell me about attendance!!!) I had to just keep my mouth shut and listen to all the crap. After a big lecture( I guess for 5 min...) I sat down with no idea why the fuck I heard to all that. At the end of the class I had to tag along with him all the way to his office ( I am pretty lazy...) to get my self marked present for the class and added to that he again starts his lecture saying " u r not right, I will have to complain to the HOD about u".... As if I care. The day ended with a few unexpected free periods. I had an omelet and a cup of tea..... and made my way to my den ...THE RF LAB.

No comments: