Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Topping the charts without studying!!!

This is my second blog for the day. Khy karon important baat bhul gaya! I had my lab internal yesterday (Mon). There are something’s to be known before I continue. It was Friday when Mr.RM, math prof walked into the class with a sadistic look on his face which I realized later. Just because one of my classmate came a little late (the class was after lunch and you know how it is after lunch) and he gave a huge assignment as home work. It was the same class where he caught me off guard (I was sleeping!!) and asked me questions as he was Siddhartha Basu. I was still trying to make out where was I and even before I my processor could restart he fired like 5 questions and I was staring at him not knowing what to say and what not to say. Got a blasting from him and another added assignment. It turns out that by the end of the day I have tutorials, assignments..... all of them having the same submission date MONDAY. I thought I would complete it on sat but was flat after I came back from NCC and woke up only the next day.

Sunday morning was interesting. I got a call from S saying she and N were going to have combined studies for 2 and 3 units in math and invited me. Initially I had second thoughts but then S's mom added that she was going to prepare something special for lunch. That was it.... Straight in my tummy. I told S that I would be there by 12. Reached at 1230 and the first thing I did was to ask aunty "what’s for lunch?" Sat down to eat the home food which I miss terribly!! All the time in hyd I used to criticize my mom's cooking just to realise its importance now. It felt like "amrutham" especially after being bugged up eating the same bull shit in the hostel mess. "The best way to a man's heart is through his tummy". Did a lot of studies that day. Earned my way into N's kitchen when I proved that I can cut onions like a chef. She was impressed by professional approach. I reach hostel by 2100. And this is where it all starts. I lie by my bed thinking whom to call and remembered that I had to call my BABE in hyd! I realised that I had all the assignments to do only when I was speaking to her. We spoke for like an hour. Then I rushed back to my room.... and sat down with the work. It was 0300 by the time I finished most of it but had a big chunk of math to do. So got up by 0730 next morning (pretty early 4 me) just to realise that I had my LAB INTERNALS today. Got my record and obse out but then did not have time to study.

Reached the lab 10 min late. Was given a program in matlab and had no idea what to do. Looked around. Passed on a paper to my friend sitting behind me asking him to write the manual calculations. Copied it ASAP. Realised that there was some major comp crashing and we had shortages of systems. So patiently waited trying to figure out what i was supposed to do. I was in the second batch. My turn arrived. I was given a comp. Went and sat. To my horror.... my friend did not close his program and he got the same prog. as mine. I thanked my stars. Quickly changed the fine name. Put my own name. Did a little decoration, and tada... I was ready to show my output. I was the first to leave the lab with full honors. My friends were giving me the “you lucky basted" looks and I gave them the "Its all in the game. Everything is fair in love and war" smile. Well thinking about it... I was one daam lucky basted. To be there, knowing that you are going to flunk your lab is quite scary, as we don't get another attempts and this is printed in our mark sheet. Was too happy that day.... But hey, it all adds to your experience warehouse.

No comments: